[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: aliased objects follow across different suffixes on same server?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: aliased objects follow across different suffixes on same server?
- From: Tyler Gates <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:51:15 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=A9Z8mJ8BpDdDoHKa7f1R+9Q6mhMBKk45uldx+ZRT3qs=; b=ePWZOWY/Qhr5kH2ZuM/eBhKipvVA6/QZL480CjVVGxu2cn8g2jEu44lj48oBoOCZeH Quy8YA7YZDp3k/18KwGTkZr+HXtYzNc0m3tLVldbWbgWPAXsDAIccDpeZ/sWGMCU1E4d puTrzGn8bmfpA3qzb4XJXqSUVZ3kUeWlyo3Xk=
- In-reply-to: <4E45D78F.email@example.com>
- References: <4E45D78F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
So I guess what I need is subordinate/superior database gluing. Except
in my case I do not want subordinates and a superior, I just want the
two databases to be able to talk to one another, specifically via
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Tyler Gates <email@example.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to have an aliasedobjectname
> reference an object that is defined in a different database as a different
> suffix on the same server.
> I have deref set to always but it doesn't seem to be following the alias as
> long as it is not on its own suffix.
> Below is an example of what I am trying to do.
> suffix1: dc=example,dc=com
> dn: cn=entry,dc=example,dc=com
> suffix2: dc=example,dc=net
> dn: cn=entry2,dc=example,dc=net
> objectClass: alias
> objectClass: extensibleObject
> aliasedobjectname: cn=entry,dc=example,dc=com