Problem with overlay uniqe

I use slapd 2.4.23 (debian package) with some overlays: syncprov, unique and valsort. I have a problem with the unique overlay.

This is the unique constraint:
olcUniqueURI: ldap://ou=Workstations,ou=Devices,dc=example,dc=com/?uid?sub

I try to add a ldif like this:
dn: uid=userabc,ou=MozillaAddressBook,ou=Users,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: ..
uid: userabc

with ldapadd I get:
ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
        additional info: some attributes not unique

When I remove the unique constraint the ldif file is accepted.

It seems to me that something is wrong: the base of olcUniqueURI is different from the base where I try to add a entry. I don't understand this. Is the olcUniqueURI wrong?

Ruud Baart