Re: ldap.conf search order problem

Message du 04/08/11 13:28
De : "Michel Gruau"
A : "openldap-technical openldap org"
Copie à :
Objet : ldap.conf search order problem

Hello,

I have a proxy configuration with severall backend directories and one of
them in TLS.

I thus added the following line in ldap.conf in order to let it know the
remote server server CA certificate TLS_CACERT
/opt/openldap/etc/openldap/cacert.pem

This is working when this line is inserted in $HOME/ldaprc or
$HOME/.ldaprc but never working when inserted in the system-wide ldap
configuration file (/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf).

Not working neither when inserted in /opt/openldap/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
(my proxy is installed in /opt/openldap).

Is this a bug ? if not, what is the real ldap.conf search order ?

Michel,

You can find the location of the ldap.conf that your installed libraries
are using with strace, or your system's equivalent:

~$ strace ldapsearch 2>&1 | grep ldap\.conf
open("/etc/ldap/ldap.conf", O_RDONLY)   = 3

Make sure the file is readable by your user.

--
Dan White