Re: TLS issue

On 04/08/11 19:53 +0530, Naga Chaitanya Palle wrote:
I am trying to configure tls for my ldap server.
After successfully creating the below files, I try to start the ldap server and it fails.

The log shows the below messages

main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destry.

What command line options are you passing to slapd? What version? What ssl
library is your slapd linked against?

Do you get any helping information while starting slapd in debug mode '-d

TLSCACertificateFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
TLSCertificateFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-cert.pem
TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/openldap/cacerts/slapd-key.pem

Does your openldap user/group have read access to all three files?
Does commenting out your 'TLSCipherSuite' option make any difference?

database         bdb
suffix   "dc=comverse-in,dc=com"
rootdn   "cn=Manager,dc=comverse-in,dc=com"
rootpw   {SSHA}hBlwVEbzHMzm1Wof9Lb1dA/fcuJDt6pr

BASE     dc=comverse-in,dc=com
URI ldaps://devonly144.comverse-in.com

TLS_CACERT    /etc/openldap/cacerts/cacert.pem
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
TLS_REQCERT     allow

base     dc=comverse-in,dc=com
uri ldaps://devonly144.comverse-in.com