OpenLDAP is using lots of memory

Hi folks,

i have installed qmail-ldap and everything is going fine. The only
problem i am seeing is that slapd is using too much memory.
I have a small scenario: 20 user account, 15 group all "inside" slapd.

The problem happens when local email is delivered. I take the
following approach:

First i disable qmail:

               # svc -d qmail

Then i send 10 email to a local user:

                 # echo to: localuser@localdomain | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

Than i monitor slapd process with "top" on another shell.

I sent 10 email for a local user.

                 # echo to: localuser@localdomain | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

Then i turn on qmail

                 # svc -u qmail

Now, top's column "SIZE" goes from 13MB to 63MB

Is that correct? it gives 5 MB per connection from qmail to openldap!

What am i doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Best regards,

Fried.