Re: invalid syntax when teletexstring

Nope, base64 is just part of LDIF format, which is only relevant on the
client side.

OpenLDAP does not support the TeletexString syntax.  Such support would
be fragile, since there's no unique mapping from LDAPv3's usual UTF-8
character encoding to TeletexString's T.61 character encoding.
IRIC there are a bunch of conflicting T.61 encoding variants too.

Still, I don't know why that makes it possible to store such a cert,
since certs are binary.  You could file an ITS with a request for
support, and enclose the cert so there will be something to test it
with.