Re: Two bases on same ldap server

--On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:00 PM -0300 Ãdnei <ednei.felipe.rodrigues@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Guys!
 I don't know if it is possible, but.......

It is possible to have as many bases on the server as you want. There are two ways to do this:

a) Configure the server to use "" as its base, which allows you to use a single database for all the bases.

or

b) Configure unique databases for each base you want to use.

It looks like you were trying to use option(b). However, you failed to give the second database its own unique location, which will never work.

There are numerous errors in your attempt to add a second database.

1) You tried to re-add the module load for back-hdb, which is unnecessary since you've already done this.

2) You said your second HDB config database is actually the same as the first config database:
olcDatabase: {1}hdb

that should be:

olcDatabase: {2}hdb

3) You re-used the existing database directory, which will cause immediate database corruption:

olcDbDirectory: /var/lib/ldap

that should be:

 olcDbDirectory: /some/other/location

I would *highly* advise you read the OpenLDAP admin guide and spend some time comprehending the cn=config database for LDAP configuration. However, all of your above errors are not specific to cn=config.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.