Build a "fake" LDAP

Hi,

I have an Oracle database table with usernames and their encryted passwords.

I would like to build an LDAP Server only for authentication. It should communicate with the client, receive the username/password, and make the authentication using the Oracle database table.

I just want the clients to expect (‘think’) they are ‘talking’ with a true LDAP Server, but in fact it’s just an application (Java Servlet) that uses the LDAP protocol between the client/server for authentication. In other words, the client does not know what happens inside the server, and the server does not use a true LDAP infrastructure.

Does anybody has an ideia of how can I implement it?

Is it possible to use OpenLDAP to simulate the conversation between the server and a client?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Jkramer