Re: Loading LDAP schema files into cn=config

--On Saturday, July 02, 2011 1:36 PM -0500 Chan Wilson <chanwilson@gmail.com> wrote:

And recognizing that emergencies *do* happen, and having a Plan of Action
is key to responding to emergencies correctly, what *is* the proper way
to manually edit cn=config? Particularly in a replicated RTC setup?ÂÂ
I figure it's something like

- shut off slapd
- edit the ldif.Â
ÂÂ - remove | edit one or more of the operational attributes
Â- turn on slapd

slapmodify would be the correct thing to use (Currently only in HEAD).

Oddly, I followed the test050 procedure in creating my bootstraps
and based from that did expect it to work.

I do this routinely to set up replication, and it works fine for me without a restart. That's with 2.4.21, 2.4.23, 2.4.25 and 2.4.26.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.