Re: stange log

Am Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:15:05 -0300
schrieb Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke@gmail.com>:

> I am seeing the log messages below on my openldap installation:
>
> @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.23 (Jun 28 2011 17:55:44) $
>         @gustav.cpd.ufv.br:/usr/ports/pobj/openldap-2.4.23/build-amd64/servers/slapd
> Backend ACL: access to dn.subtree="cn=monitor"
>         by dn.base="cn=oldap,dc=ufv,dc=br" read
>         by * none
>
> Backend ACL: access to *
>         by * none
>
> config_back_db_open: line 0: warning: cannot assess the validity of
> the ACL scope within backend naming context
> slapd starting
>
> What does it mean?
> How may i avoid these messages ?
> What do i need to fix ?

There is nothing to fix :-)
It is just an information that there are access rules outside the
naming context, i.e. access to * by * none
In order to get the naming contexts of your system try:
ldapsearch -x -H ldap://my.host -b "" -s base namingContexts

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de