back-config backend support (Was: cn=config completely replacing slapd.conf)

> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:46 AM -0400 "David N. Blank-Edelman"
>> <dnb@ccs.neu.edu>  wrote:
>>
>>> (taking this to a new thread)
>>>
>>> Sorry for such a vague question, but my (perhaps failing) memory is
>>> once
>>> upon a time there were still certain backends or overlays that couldn't
>>> yet be configured via cn=config and had to be specified in slapd.conf.
>>>
>>> Has 2.4 has already cleared up all of those legacy configuration
>>> requirements or is that a 2.5 goal? Thanks!
>>
>> It is a 2.5 goal.
>
> As of several months ago, only back-sql and back-meta remain incompatible.
> All
> of the overlays have already been converted.

On a related note: I'll do my best to spare time to port back-meta(5); I
don't think I'll be able to port back-sql(5), nor to support it in the
future.  I'd like someone else to step in, unless we're fine with
discontinuing it.

p.