[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: slaptest returns "index attribute "reqStart" undefined
First, sorry for top-posting. Need to fix this mail client to do proper quoting...
Since I sent that message I was able to resolve my problem (my post hadn't made it to the list yet). I did not realize that during the package install the overlay(s) needed to be included in the build, that was problem #1, once I realized that, I had some other issues with the build I was using so I upgraded the package to 2.4.25 and everything started working.
Since I'm just getting up to speed on ldap I'm just following what was laid out before me, so there are a number of things I'll likely be finding that need addressing.
Will add accesslog to my reading list.
Thank you for responding to my inquiry, much appreciated.
Rock Island Technology Solutions, Inc.
San Juan Islands, WA. 360-378-5884 x201
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:16 AM
> To: Mike Greene; email@example.com
> Subject: Re: slaptest returns "index attribute "reqStart" undefined
> --On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:05 PM +0000 Mike Greene
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hello list members,
> > I am trying to setup ldap 2.4.23 on new FreeBSD 8.2 "consumer" server
> > replace a current system that is quite old. I have copied over the
> > slapd.conf file and associated certs, etc from the production system
> > I'm able to get the server working using the sample slapd.conf and
> > examples in the quick setup guide. When I run slaptest -f
> > slapd.conf.artemis on the configuration file I copied over I get the
> > error:
> > slapd.conf.artemis: line 86: index attribute "reqStart" undefined
> > slaptest: bad configuration file!
> > Running the same test on the production server's slapd.conf produces
> > error at all.
> > I've googled, RTFM and read man pages trying to get a clue as to what
> > might be causing this, but I'm unable to unearth any leads that have
> > helped so far. What I have tried is to copy the production *.bdb
> > over to the new server thinking that was the problem, I didn't try
> > re-indexing those files (just read about slapindex late last night,
> > haven't tried that yet) I was also thinking that I might need to run
> > slapcat on the production db's and then import the ldif file using
> > slapadd (which I'm setting up to test shortly).
> > Clearly I'm missing something, I'm hoping that someone here who is
> > more adept at LDAP can suggest some additional things to try. Below
> > what I think are the relevant portions of the slapd.conf file, which
> > shows the section the slaptest complains about, the second section is
> > replication area which I believe is directly related to the
> > process.
> If this is the config on a consumer, you don't need the accesslog
> at all... Only the master requires it. Did you moduleload the
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Sr. Member of Technical Staff
> Zimbra, Inc
> A Division of VMware, Inc.
> Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration