Re: Loading LDAP schema files into cn=config

--On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:30 PM +0100 Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> wrote:

On 29/06/11 16:56, Simone Piccardi wrote:

Then I think you must be flamed too...

But if you did so, then why just not to stay with slapd.conf?

It still work and is far easier to understand and manage.

Because slapd.conf is deprecated and going away in openldap 2.5. So I'd
like to get familiar with it now before this happens :)

Although I'm not sure exactly how this is going to work since elements of
slapd.conf are still required to bootstrap the directory from LDAP
.schema files. Hmmm.

Zimbra puts cn=config in the same location as any other LDAP database we use (/opt/zimbra/data/ldap/, which has cn=config, hdb, and accesslog databases).

As for the *.ldif schema, OpenLDAP ships both .ldif and .schema files for the schemas it has always shipped. If a project is not shipping a .ldif version, file a bug with the project (I did this for Amavis, for example).

If you have your own schema, change your schema generation process to generate an LDIF formatted schema instead of the old .schema format. That's also what we did at Zimbra (In fact, we generate both .schema and .ldif versions of the ZCS schema).

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.