Re: Loading LDAP schema files into cn=config

On 11-06-29 10:49 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
On 29/06/11 15:15, Daniel Qian wrote:

Not sure if it is the same on Debian but on Fedora I only copied the
"workplace" output schema file (autofs.schema in my case) to
/etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema/ without modifying anything. I
restarted slapd after that and everything worked for me. Surprisingly
easy although I had to do a restart.

Right, that is one option. But indeed the primary advantage of cn=config is that it doesn't need a restart, and that's really where I want to be :)

ATB,

Mark.

In that case you can slapcat it into the db after trimming the schema file I guess. But then the cn=config directory structure on file system will be inconsistent with the actual running config. Actually I have been wondering for a while if this will be an issue and would like to hear some words if anyone have about this.