Hi all,

Having started to look at the changes required to migrate from a slapd.conf setup to a cn=config setup, one of things I'm struggling with is how to load new LDAP schemas into cn=config.

I've seen the guides similar to this one here: http://blogger.ziesemer.com/2011/01/ldap-authentication-for-samba.html which suggest hacking together a temporary slapd.conf file containing just the include directives, run slaptest, and then hack the output so that it can be loaded into cn=config using ldapadd.

Given that this is a quite a common task, is there no way of generating the LDIF directly to be loaded into the directory, e.g.

slaptest -s /etc/ldap/schema/myschema.schema [ -n <schemanum> ] -l myschema.ldif

Or then again, is this functionality already there but I just haven't managed to find it yet? I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction and/or give me some hints as to the best way to manage schemas in the new regime.

Many thanks,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk