[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd "vs." db_archive
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: slapd "vs." db_archive
- From: Peter Palmreuther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:19:45 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:sender:from:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:message-id:to:mime-version :x-mailer; bh=rIBSi7DY6F8PsgMeeTEp0uc85DNQTA++OiZ6MjutGu8=; b=eCjY1BoHkGsdG/FGM2SVZXQv3S8CqB7PQJjYz9wpkiQqjshxh1GIbrcyN96m0NNwYi BVKzGYoBHxw3jHPXXpz+ezr1MUHLFRJOU7SILQ1k57NIDF3RY6PGD6l+CUhQWQq3WAKJ 0y3QO/Y80IAX6zgxQ2iIjAiiuQ9OhB/KFXsF8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date :message-id:to:mime-version:x-mailer; b=Prk2xzqxoECDecvmCIzBmvuKW1YfthvbDoO158Ppd1jS6pZSWfh09/dUhJJp8v9gbB /BW0RAUv/hQv3KJ5Cn6KkdYlRLb8xFCxh4vXOy9gXdRkIb9w90H8pCH2gDvompWQne3p RkYfrT/M20sxdRLtHRKG7gFath+beX5M06Kzo=
I tried to use 'db_archive' to figure, which of those many log.* files already accumulated I can safely remove.
Unluckily it didn't print any name, albeit there're 170 file and according to 'fuser log.*' only the last one is
held open by a process (the slapd one).
After restarting slapd db_archive prints 169 file names, to be precise all but the last.
So it seems slapd keeps used BDB in a state it does not release the logs for archival and removal.
I assume it's me that has to configure slapd or BDB environment appropriately, but unluckily I don't know which
setting would have the desired effect.
Any help on this? I tried to find something in Admin Guide and man pages, but I must have missed it.
I only saw auto remove settings, which is not what I was out for ... I want to remove by myself, after keeping a backup for recovery.
I'm using OpenLDAP 2.4.20 compiled against Berkeley 4.7.
Thank for any help,