Re: Syncrepl issues, "glue" objectClass

Hi,

Just for completeness the issue turned out to be time synchronisation- one of the 3 nodes was still going to RHN for it's NTP sync rather than our local NTP server which the other 2 were pointed at. I'm guessing that there wasn't enough of a difference for the sync cookie to be rejected but enough of a time skew that they were received in the wrong order although this is pure conjecture on my part and am happy to be proven wrong.
 They now appear to be a lot happier!

Thanks,

Mark

On 10 Jun 2011, at 16:30, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Friday, June 10, 2011 3:04 PM +0100 Mark Cairney <Mark.Cairney@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to use a tool called "Grouper" to provision a
>> hierarchical structure into my LDAP directory.
>>
>> I'm currently running OpenLDAP 2.4.25 with BDB 4.8.30 on 3 SL5.5 servers
>> in a multi-master configuration.
>>
>> During the provisioning process it seems to be hitting a race condition
>> where it creates a higher-level ou before the base-level ou is there
>> resulting in the base-level ou existing in the tree with the "glue"
>> objectClass.
>>
>> As this is invisible to searches I end up with syncrepl constantly trying
>> to replicate it ad infinitum:
>
> I would suggest filing an ITS with configurations and exact instructions on how to reproduce the issue at http://www.openldap.org/its/
>
> --Quanah
>

> --
>
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Sr. Member of Technical Staff
> Zimbra, Inc
> A Division of VMware, Inc.
> --------------------
> Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration

Mark Cairney
ITI UNIX Section
Information Services
University of Edinburgh

Tel: 0131 650 6565
Email: mark.cairney@ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.