Re: How to migrate master and keep slave in sync?

--On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:57 PM +0200 Stefano Zanmarchi <zanmarchi@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
we have a 2.4.21 master on Solaris  and a syncrepl  2.4.21 slave on
Linux, and need to migrate the master
to a new platform (Linux) and new version (2.4.21).
Of course we need that the syncrepl slave (not managed by us) keeps in
sync with the new master.

Given that the ip, ports and certificates of the new master will not
change, would it be enough to do the following?
1) stop the "old" 2.4.21/Solaris master
2) import its contents (via slapcat and slapadd) into the "new"
2.4.23/Linux (stopped) master
3) start the new 2.4.23/Linux master

Yes, that should be sufficient.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff