Proper values for threads and tool-threads

I'm setting up a new installation of OpenLDAP 2.4.25 on RHEL machines each with 128GB RAM and 4 Intel Xeon E7530 CPUs (6 cores each, each core supporting two threads). /proc/cpuinfo shows there are 48 processors. The backend hdb database will eventually have millions of records with thousands of concurrent readers and writers. Is there a good equation to use for determining a value for threads and tool-threads? I'd like to take advantage of the hardware available. I get a warning if I set threads higher than 32:

olcThreads: value #0: warning, threads=48 larger than twice the default (2*16=32); YMMV.

I shouldn't be slapcat'ing and slapadd'ing it very often, but like to set tool-threads to an appropriate value for the hardware.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Mark