Re: Client expects response to change-password extended operation

Michael Smith wrote:
We have an email server in my shop (from Mirapoint)
which offers users an option to change their password.
It sends the password-modify extended operation,
but the user's session hangs, apparently unless Mirapoint
gets a response.

I understand that this is non-standard behavior. But
unfortunately I'm stuck with this not-very-satisfactory
product. Is there any way I can tweak openLDAP to respond to
the password-modify ex-op?

AFAICS OpenLDAP sends a LDAPResponse. Otherwise the result code could not be received. Maybe it's another issue in the client software? I suspect they send the request but never process the result correctly.

Ciao, Michael.