[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapcating multi-master database to add new multi-master
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: slapcating multi-master database to add new multi-master
- From: Mark <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:42:25 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ltJy6crTf/f8vEn1bMFmNDcjsMa97OakRSjpLHhkEBY=; b=a/lWPSwFDBmbFfA0xO+c7z79sfgwjJtmh8O2zny8UtKT72lbdsKlI0jbf9gpkd4ha+ Jnyzj/P8gmP1ofag1c6K1mt69Qwwh+q8tZ1ZbJZW8iRLZ2NW/OOSfz7yJxgkYifnBxVJ iZDLanujh8RM/r7KNhBfvadffQVmij5p7ztro=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=osKMM8mjGK+qRb5LbwkrRLHmN3cG/j7y6MHK0MfUtBgH5ZRi59i3h7Q1z7y29WAJ1v BD4rZ9+WsolZI1YWr+LJV7F87mfkY0HzVJlLKoFli/LMOTviwk1L/oT+ey/Y6cqXsSds 3cyaV9y9fLRaZqWAJbKNrYWv5qsT/DJYa+M6Y=
If I wanted to add another multi-master with a unique ServerID to a current set, I've read that in most instances it's best to slapcat one of the current multi-master's data, then slapadd that data into the new multi-master rather than wait for the new mmaster to 'catch up'.
Q: Should I do something with the contextCSN at the top of the tree before I import it or will the new server create a new contextCSN using it's own ServerID?
Q Should all multi-master instances include a contextCSN for each of the multi-master instances or just a contextCSN for itself? I have a 2-way mmaster duo where each mmaster only has it's own contextCSN. And another 4-way mmaster setup where each mmaster has a 4 contextCSNs, one for each of the mmasters in the group.