Client expects response to change-password extended operation

I noted some old correspondence about this topic in
the mailing-list archives, but now it has bitten me.

We have an email server in my shop (from Mirapoint)
which offers users an option to change their password.
It sends the password-modify extended operation,
but the user's session hangs, apparently unless Mirapoint
gets a response.

I understand that this is non-standard behavior. But
unfortunately I'm stuck with this not-very-satisfactory
product. Is there any way I can tweak openLDAP to respond to
the password-modify ex-op?

Michael J. Smith
mjs@smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org