[Date Prev][Date Next]
How to write an overlay that perform search from within an overlay?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: How to write an overlay that perform search from within an overlay?
- From: hptf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 09:56:27 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110414 Thunderbird/3.1.10
I am trying to write an overlay that is able to get the previous/old values of
an Entity, before it is updated by a modify/delete.
For that purpose, my first tries were to use a search from within the overlay,
I try many method, (inspired by existing overlay), but none seems to work for
- use of pre-read seems to be very complicated; moreover, pre-read ctrl
seems to be returned as already ber-encoded, meaning that I need to re-decode
the ber to get the value ... this is (too) expensive
- use of search from within overlay raise, for now, some problems:
* if using translucent like call to 'be_entry_get_rw' I got deadlock on
* if using rc = nop->o_bd->be_search(nop,&nrs); from within overlay, it
seems that response is sent also to remote client socket, and not stay confined
to overlay call ( and, btw, I fail to get the result:
rs->sr_un.sru_search.r_entry is NULL )
I, for sure, miss something.
Do you have any clue, example, advice that may help me to continue ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
PS: This is a repost in the good mailing list, initial message post in email@example.com, sorry for the inconvenience.