Re: Need help to create a new DN "myNewDN: cn=testUser, ou=testOU, dc=test, dc=local"

Hi B,

May thanks for your reply.

You are right, I was looking to replace "dn:" with "myNewDN:". However, i have got the solution. I have added the following to schema,

###
attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6863.2.3.339 NAME 'myNewDN'
        DESC 'Test DN replacement'
        SUP distinguishedName )
##

Cheers........JAMI.

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Bjørn Ruberg <bjorn@ruberg.no> wrote:
Mahmudur Rahman Jami <infojami@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to create a new distinguishedName as follows (NOT as "dn:
> cn=testUser,ou=testOU,dc=test,dc=local"),
> "myNewDN: cn=testUser,ou=testOU,dc=test,dc=local"

Sorry, I don't understand what the problem is. Do you wish to replace
"dn:" with "myNewDN:" ?

> I have got a ldif with similar definition to import. I googled and found lot
> of examples related to "attributetype" and "objectClass" only, not related
> to this.

Related to what?

> Any help will be highly appreciated.

Perhaps you should show parts of the LDIF file in question, and what you
wish to accomplish, so your question becomes more clear.

--
Bjørn