[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6666) Feature Request: Triggers implementation
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6666) Feature Request: Triggers implementation
- From: Maarten Vanraes <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 22:18:21 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references :in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :message-id; bh=89ZqSsLxwInc+J0rZa7/UrEoQsc5QBfeOLgRp6OMoOQ=; b=WMRBt/EdsZgEZqRaPBavmhfYYEj7ygFjMQMD2LzWlO6wkpvw2iEJpOe75EAQw+Iz0b 2fS3p9D92P2/9hiw6jcb1gIivTOGaF5mpTn+jOvfNannl6dQX1Fi2zY1jeCv168SCfS1 Jx5apTW3m2YFmEXGNotBcB0GYROZ/jL+i6/K8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=from:to:subject:date:user-agent:references:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:message-id; b=CPdKrcL4XrNoDWbZIhUHvJ2ZUZGaWG21iFq43K/raHgUhfg06OHj+DTxfmnk2aookA 9cYjJT2efNP7pBlY9NTH9blkQ/FtGgFQzz7Mm+NDHnxg8v3qIxrntmpatdW7hjBwpH0x OAb4pwNp/8EevUxTsfYuuBpAH7Qo+Fyw0S5f0=
- In-reply-to: <4DDABA8F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <201010070735.o977Zju9091925@boole.openldap.org> <email@example.com> <4DDABA8F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: KMail/1.13.5 (Linux/22.214.171.124-desktop-2mnb; KDE/4.4.5; x86_64; ; )
Op maandag 23 mei 2011 21:50:39 schreef Nick Milas:
> On 23/5/2011 10:07 ÎÎ, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > Well, i haven't had any time yet of cleaning it up, and atm it doesn't
> > even
> > say yet WHAT exactly was modified, but i was planning on doing that,
> > together with the cn=config adaptation, and put it somewhere for
> > download (and since i'm a Mageia packager probably package it for
> > mageia).
> > i can probably give you it privately, if you're urgently insterested.
> Thanks Maarten,
> Quite nice of you. Actually, I am not in a panic (thankfully);
> additionally I am not a developer, so it would not be easy for me to
> work on it, even if I would surely have uses for it.
> Thinking from an admin's point of view, I look forward to something that
> would be usable, safe and (at least) a bit flexible, hopefully without
> resorting to (anything more than very basic high-level) programming.
> I would think that for such an overlay to be generic enough, it should
> be able to accept a config on what attribute(s) we want to monitor
> (whose change will trigger an event), and then provide a notification
> with (probably the initial and) the new value of the attribute and call
> an external command (using back-sock?). [It could also be extended to
> allow the definition of filters to narrow the monitoring range, if needed.]
> Such an overlay, I humbly believe, would be a valuable addition to
> openldap standard collection of overlays.
> All the best,
it's not nearly that fancy: atm it does this:
- accept a configuration item that gives a command (in my case, a shell script)
- it triggers this command via forking a execve call, ie: it calls that
script, in the background
- it passes the DN being modified
- it passes the type of operation
- it passes the old DN (MODRDN)
- cn=config handling
- passing the attribute being modified (MODIFY)
possibly, i might pass all attributes and values of the modified DN
in my case, atm, i handle stuff via the shell script and decide if i do
something for this modified DN or not.