Re: authentication problem

Mohammad D wrote:
> Hi all
> I want to start LDAP service for publishing CRLs and Certificates for
> a Certificate Authority.
> I am new to ldap and I have not yet found any good references to
> guide me how to use ldap for these purposes.
> so I started playing around with Verisign's directory to get some
> ideas: according to VeriSign's knowledge base (
> https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/mpki-support/index?page=conten
>t&id=SO2121&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1305455725926) the
> script *
> ldapsearch -h directory.verisign.com -b "cn=<common name>,o=<Org
> Name>" "(o=*)" "certificaterevocationlist"
> *should return the CRL.
If a pubkey and/or a CRL is stored ;-)

I am only a poor man :-) and do not have a verisign cert. From my Firefox
browsers cert cache their is only one verisign cert, but w/o crl :-( .
I assume that this cert is no longer stored at verisign.

"cn" and "o" are from the old public key of "KAPLAN INC". A company which is
totally unkown to me. I believe they have changed their CA.

ldapsearch -x -h directory.verisign.com -b "cn=www.selftestsoftware.com,o=KAPLAN
INC"  "o=KAPLAN INC" "certificaterevocationlist"
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=www.selftestsoftware.com,o=KAPLAN INC> with scope subtree