[Date Prev][Date Next]
Multi-Master Question when network partition
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Multi-Master Question when network partition
- From: Tony Dong <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:57:40 +0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:message-id:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer:mime-version:subject:date :references; bh=7Wz5UYp1CEx+kUl+AIi5KFPlMdqtc0s0N5aQ0WBMGkk=; b=DVBQ9Z+FZSl+BXC+tolFtW7scNn81OrVbPM8OUsrOyiV9Kf+4l1ER6XW3pdmVET9hL lwUsyMBEPTHf+TIw6KhVsr7ghBKkuNqO/6syKTFojkCUgyq8NhR5AS75mwfw/a7YBWku pQvUbVqsGD6Dpn/31c4uUdEsFhVsQJXjHoru8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-mailer :mime-version:subject:date:references; b=fDe4132GHI5v2hAlR/hsQHhojpukHzN1Y5jGO8JyERAeY2yU+YcNImfTXSva6EPaNq tj17Z9xDnBNea/ep1hC+zSISnFu8hsZZOUFXWoUnRZU/QcTJjiT6IidsveyYigmJbM52 Va/b7kBtqxARRRUlrMdmysWl1j78VX4WAsy6E=
- References: <8CD3C1FC7D3CE44995BFA1F6A885F97F4EDC0FF73E@MX18A.corp.emc.com>
> In OpenLDAP 2.4 admin guide "chapter 18: Replication" 22.214.171.124. Arguments against Multi-Master replication:
> If a network is partitioned and multiple clients start writing to each of the "masters" then reconciliation will be a pain; it may be best to simply deny writes to the clients that are partitioned from the single provider.
> How to configure to deny writes in a LDAP master?
> My environment is 3-way MMR, of A, B, C three servers. If connection between server A and server B is lost, how can server A and B automatically deny writes and become read-only? As server C can still accept write operations, and sync with both server A and B, so data in server A and B is up-to-date and thus can act as slaves temporarily.
> Best Regards,
> Tony Dong