Problem regarding OpenLdap installation and Berkeley DB

I am a new user to Openldap and I´ve been struggling to install on my RedHat box for quite some time.

I´ve googled and read past messages from this forum but i´m still unable to solve my problem which.

I have installed Berkeley Db db-5.1.25 with success but when I try to install openldap, I get the following error:

[root@redqas01 openldap-2.4.23]# ./configure

checking db.h usability... yes

checking db.h presence... yes

checking for db.h... yes

checking for Berkeley DB major version in db.h... 5

checking for Berkeley DB minor version in db.h... 1

checking if Berkeley DB version supported by BDB/HDB backends... yes

checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB not available

Searching this mailing list, I found some information regarding setting the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS for the  BDB installation.

So I did the following commands: (considering that the installation for the BDB was in the /usr/local directory)

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.1/lib -L/usr/local/berkeley/lib"

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.5.1/include -I/usr/local/berkeley/include"

I checked the /usr/local/lib/ directory and the libdb-5* files are there.

I also checked the /usr/local/include/ and the db.h file is also there.

But I still get the same error message.

Any tips?

Frederick Pohl