[Date Prev][Date Next]
cn=config replication to consumer / slave servers
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: cn=config replication to consumer / slave servers
- From: Christopher Strider Cook <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:28:39 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Thunderbird/3.1.9
I have a pair of mirror mode master servers that I would like to be able
to provide cn=config replication to a series of slave servers,
primarily, to keep ACLs in sync across servers.
I've tried syncrepl to the cn=config of the primary servers trying to
exclude certain objects and attributes to prevent the slave from also
taking the syncprov role. This did not seem to work well enough as I was
unable to prevent some unwanted entry or another from making it's way
through and overwriting the syncrepl line itself.
Alternately, I tried to setup a separate database cn=config_slave and
have that snycrepl to the slave into cn=config... but that creates a
Is there an approved practice to achieve this, or some other pointers on
avenues to explore?