Re: search ldap

On 4/8/11 4:16 PM, Noel Akins wrote:
I have a dumb question. I've been struggling with LDAP for a couple of weeks
now, working on it at home at night.  I seem to have something working here
given the ldapsearch i tried doing below. I had started with a base.ldif and
added a user via a add_user.ldif.  I assume the numEntries: 1 is the user that I
entered. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to view that
entry. What do I need to do actually see the entry?
But you *did* get your entry :

# mergeemerge.org
dn: dc=mergeemerge,dc=org
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: mergeemerge
dc: mergeemerge
This is why you had a 1 as the number of returned entry.

Now, you are very likely having some issue with the base.ldif or add_user.ldif file, when injecting them, if this is not the entry you are expecting to get, but there is no way we can help if you don't provide those files...

Emmanuel LÃcharny