acls for a user to join/leave a group.

Hello everybody,

Is there a way to achieve what the subject says? For example, we can imagine users like:

uid=user,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com

And the group that I wish the users should be able to join using ldapmodify is:

cn=group,dc=example,dc=com.

What I wish to achieve is to let a user write in this dn, only the memberOf attribute, by containing only their specific dn. Moreover, the user will have to be able to remove this entry from this group if they wish, using ldapmodify again.

Thank you very much for your help in advance,

mamalos

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379