Re: help needed for tuning my openldap

--On April 4, 2011 10:22:52 AM +0200 StÃphane PURNELLE <stephane.purnelle@corman.be> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know how I can tunning my ldap (openldap 2.4.23 on
RHEL5.4 64-bits) installation:

PID     USER     PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  SWAP
COMMAND
13480 root      25   0 1378m  18m 4296 S 25.9  0.5      7241:07 1.3g
slapd

I already read the page http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1075.html
(ex: Number of hash buckets ), but I not have all informations for
calculate the size.

You fail to provide enough information to help you. How many entries do you have? What OpenLDAP backend are you using? What is the size of *just* the database (du -c -h *.bdb) for both main and accesslog dbs? How many threads do you have configured in slapd.conf/cn=config? How many real cores/cpus does the system have?

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc