beginner -old slapd.conf

I was familiar configuring openldap with slapd.conf ver 2.3 I recently
install 2.4 and am having a bear of a time trying to follow any
instructions from any source... man pages, openldap.org, and
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/samba-ldap.html

This part is nerve racking on the ubuntu site... after I generate part
3, part 4 says...
##########################
 4. Edit the generated /tmp/cn\=samba.ldif file, changing the following
attributes:

dn: cn=samba,cn=schema,cn=config
cn: samba

but it does not say what I should change the attributes too... just
gives an example that is (in my opinion poor) for a beginner like my self.

Following instructions and learning seemed so much easier with 2.3

Can someone please let me in to the 2.4 LDAP world?

I just want to get something in 2.4 setup to play with so I can learn
setups with 2.4

Thanks for any help in advance.