[Date Prev][Date Next]
[GnuTLS][TLS init def ctx failed: -1]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [GnuTLS][TLS init def ctx failed: -1]
- From: Warren Howard <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:27:44 +0530
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110303 Thunderbird/3.1.9
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.21 (Mar 30 2011 18:32:32) $
Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS \n \l
This is Ubuntu so openldap has been compiled with GnuTLS
libgnutls.so.26 => /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.26 (0xb73a9000)
I've been following this guide
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/openldap-server.html and the
section on TLS works perfectly if I follow the instructions to the letter.
That is, so long as the locations of olcTLSCACertificateFile,
olcTLSCertificate and olcTLSCertificateKeyFile are /etc/ssl/certs,
/etc/ssl/certs and /etc/ssl/private respectively, then slapd will
start. For example:
However, if I change the location of any of these files slapd will fail
to start with the error "TLS init def ctx failed: -1".
Should anyone ask, yes I've doubled checked for correct file permissions
and searched for typos. The names of the files does not matter, just
These appears to be bug to me.