Re: RHEL 6 OpenLDAP 2.4.19-15.el6 init problem

--On Thursday, March 31, 2011 8:04 AM +0100 Markus Moj <MMoj@timocom.com> wrote:

Hey,

We are faceing a weird problem with our LDAP running on Red Hat 6.0. When
we start our OpenLDAP with the init script as "root" the ldap server
starts without problems or errors and seems to be runnig ok. If you
connect with an LDAP Browser like Apache Directory Studio and try to edit
some parameters in cn=config you get the following error.

My biggest question would be why you are wasting time running such an outdated and unstable version of OpenLDAP. Your first priority should be building your own up-to-date packages.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.