Re: Antwort: Re: RHEL 6 OpenLDAP 2.4.19-15.el6 init problem

On 31/03/11 14:29 +0100, Markus Moj wrote:
So what do you mean by specify a gid? This is not a self scripted init
script this one is 100% Red Hat we have changed nothing within the start
script.

Redhat may not, but it's not uncommon for other OSs to do so.

I'm assuming that the error message you are seeing is permissions related,
possibly due to the fact that slapd is running under a different effective
gid when you start it from the command line versus when you start it from
an init script.

One way to trouble shoot that is to explicitly specify a gid (-g) from your
init script and your command line.

--
Dan White