Re: user authentication on attributes

On 30/03/11 04:36 -0700, sim123 wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Dan White <dwhite@olp.net> wrote:
It looks like the search is not returning any entries. From your confluence
server, can you perform an ldapsearch as your privileged user to see if you
get any entries returned?

Thanks for your reply. You got me right and I am sure the first two things
are working so my authentication user has privileges, Confluence is
submitting base,scope and filter. I am not sure about the third point, needs
to validate it.

I tried doing ldapsearch from ldap server machine (local) and from
confluence server using filter on uid/cn. However, don't know why wild card
works and specific search doesn't.

ldapsearch -x -W -D 'cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com' -b
'ou=users,dc=example,dc=com' '(uid=123)'
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=users,dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=123)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

where as
ldapsearch -x -W -D 'cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com' -b
'ou=users,dc=example,dc=com' '(uid=123*)'
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=users,dc=example,dc=com> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=123*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# 123, users, example.com
dn: uid=123,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
displayName: Barbara Jason
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: top
mail: bjason@example.com
uid: 123
userPassword:: bXJhanZhaWR5YQ==
sn: Jason
cn: Barbara

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

again, I tried searching for it but couldn't find it, sorry for being naive
but would appreciate any help. Thanks

My guess is that you're running into a bdb/hdb indexing problem. Try adding
an index in your slapd.conf/slapd-config for uid (if it doesn't exist), and
then rebuild your indexes using slapindex.

See the man pages for slapd-bdb/slapd-hdb and slapindex for details.

--
Dan White