Re: deleting values from multivalued attribute

On 03/25/2011 03:00 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
On 3/25/11 3:51 PM, Hugo Monteiro wrote:
Hello list,

is it possible to perform the deletion of only a certain number of values, from a multivalued attribute, without having to perform full deletion and then adding the ones we'd like to keep?
Of course.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E19316-01/820-2763/bcacx/index.html

(and this is just one example. See "Deleting an Attribute Value")

Hello Emmanuel, et al,

Indeed. I was using the ldapmodify man page as reference and it doesn't mention the option of providing the value we wish to delete.

I wonder if it's also possible to use the same approach but for value modification. In brief evaluation, my guess is no, since the ldif syntax doesn't provide any way to distinct between the value to be replaced and the one to replace with.

In this case one would possibly have something like

uid=user,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
replace: mailAlternateAddress
mailAlternateAddress: oldmail@example.com
mailAlternateAddress: newmail@example.com
-

But like i said, it doesn't make much sense.

Can someone enlighten me?

Best Regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email	 : hugo.monteiro@fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

DivisÃo de InformÃtica
Faculdade de CiÃncias e Tecnologia da
		   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.fct.unl.pt                apoio@fct.unl.pt

fct.unl.pt:~# _