Re: one user access all databases

ok,

I was too fast with celibrating. :)

I create a user proxy and it can connect to all databases. So that works.

But when I modify slapd.conf to look in both databases it only gives a
result in the last "uri"

database        meta
suffix          "dc=ntws,dc=nl"
uri             "ldaps://ldapcons1.domain.nl/dc=N000003,dc=domain,dc=nl"
uri             "ldaps://ldapcons0.domain.nl/dc=N000002,dc=domain,dc=nl"

When I enable either one they work just fine.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,

Hendrik vd Ploeg
The Netherlands

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:39:18 +0200, Buchan Milne
<bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 March 2011 12:12:53 Hendrik van der Ploeg wrote:
>> ok thanks,
>>
>> But how can I set the user in a seperate database to have access to a
>> different database?
>
>> > Use a separate local database with a suitable backend (e.g. hdb or
>> > bdb).
>
> Any "local" DN can appear in access control statements for any other
> database.
>
> Here is one example (allowing "local" users in
> dc=ranger,dc=dnsalias,dc=com
> access to cn=config)
>
> [bgmilne@tiger ~]$ ldapsearch -Q -LLL -b cn=config
"(olcDatabase=config)"