Re: openldap installed, running but can't connect remotely

Thanks, after playing with this a bit it worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Casey

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:57 AM, <harry.jede@arcor.de> wrote:
Casey Jordan wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I hope this is the right list to post this under. I have been having
> a problem connecting to an ldap server I just set up on ubuntu 10.10
>
> I can use ldapsearch locally and get good results.
>
> but when I try to connect remotely IE:
>
> *sudo ldapsearch -xLLL -W -H ldap://ice.rit.edu -d1
> "dc=easydita,dc=com"*
RTM     "man ldapsearch" should help

-W
prompt for a password. You haven't supply a userDN to match. So the user
is anonymous, which do not have a password. Just press <enter> for
noPassword.

"dc=easydita,dc=com"
I asume this should be your baseDN. You must provide a "-b", ie
-b "dc=easydita,dc=com"

If you want to connect as an user with password, try:

-W -D "cn=admin,dc=easydita,dc=com"

*
You don't need to specify a '*' as attribute list, it is the default.

--

Harry Jede

Casey Jordan
easyDITA a product of Jorsek LLC
"CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
Cell (585) 348 7399
Office (585) 239 6060
easydita.com

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
Thank you.