Re: Any consideration while designing schema

Thanks for reply, I started reading the book & IBM redbook. I want to understand good and bad practices in general, while designing the schema or while programming.

For example, I have one client who is talking to LDAP server and this client itself is a server ("myserver") for thousands of other clients, now I would like to know what should be the best way to authenticate those other clients from LDAP client (or "myserver" )

1. Open a new session with server every time a client wants to connect, authenticate it and close the session again or
2. Keep a session open from myserver and search for RDN & password every time a client wants to connect.

1st option looks costly to me where as I don't know if 2nd option is considered as good practice or not.

Please excuse me, if this confusion sounds stupid to you guys as I am really new to openLDAP or LDAP in general. Hope, after reading couple of books I will be in a better position. However, would really appreciate if someone could get back to me on this issue or guide me to general good/bad practices.

Thanks for all the help and support.