Re: "hidden" attributes in openldap?

On 16/03/2011 17:49, Christian Manal wrote:
Am 16.03.2011 16:31, schrieb George Mamalakis:
so I tried to implement it through acls. I created a group called i.e.
"cn=publish mail,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com" where people wishing to
disclose their emails are members of this group. On the acl statement I
couldn't find a way to restrict my acl based on "conditional attributes".
You mean something like this?

    access to attrs=mail
       by group="cn=publish mail,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com" read
       by * none

See slapd.access(5) for details.

Regards,
Christian Manal

Christian thank you for your reply,

No, this is not what i mean. In your example you allow the mail attribute to be shown to those belonging to the cn=publish mail,ou=Groups,dc=example,dc=com group. I want *all* (not those belonging to that group) authenticated users to see this attribute if the owner of the record is member of this group.

I think I am reaching a partial solution which I will send once I test it.

Thanx again for your reply.

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379