Re: Replication monitoring

Hi Andreas!

> Your servers should be recognized as openldap.
> * Check the Environment page if it says "OpenLDAP".
> * Click on one of the servers to open the server view page and you
should
> now see two more buttons.

Yes, that works now. But I still didn't see any replication agreements.

So I digged a bit into the code. I first thought the problem may be that
my monitoring user cannot read cn=config, but it can.

I originally used version 2.0.4, but I also checked the current SVN
version; it still has the same (and possibly other) problems.

In your function openldap_setBackEndDatabases you are querying for
objectclass=olcBdbConfig. That means you will be missing several databases,
because you are only asking for BDB databases. In our example, we are using
HDB databases. So changing this to objectclass=olcHdbConfig made our
replication agreements visible all of a sudden.

But I guess this is not how to do it as there may be many other backend
types.

Also in our setup, we are replicating the cn=config database itself. It
also isn't recognized because it's neither a BDB nor HDB database.

So maybe you should look for some generic way of doing this here.

Interesting enough, on the query page, you recognize all our backends,
including cn=monitor and cn=config. I didn't compare the code, though.

The other problem I found (in version 2.0.4):

I made it recognize the two DITs / backends we have. Both of them are
replicated. But I can only get replication information for the first one. I
was unable to compare this to the latest development version because in the
latest development version I cannot make the "Replication" page show up.
It't giving me an error message "Database not configured" without any
further information on the server overview page. Will worry about that in a
next step. Are there any changes in the configuration needed between 2.0.4
and the current SVN version or may the trunk just be broken?

Regards,
Torsten

<zreoxx@gmail.com>