Re: Allowing users to add, but not delete, entries?

Gervase Markham wrote:
On 03/03/11 13:49, Howard Chu wrote:
Sounds to me like you haven't read the slapd.access(5) manpage.

You are quite right. I read this:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html

In particular,
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/access-control.html#The%20access%20to%20grant
seems not to be as detailed as the man page you pointed me to. It
contains most, but not all, the possible values and "add" and "delete"
are both missing.

Is this documentation incomplete, or is the answer elsewhere in the
Administrator's Guide?

Note that a "Guide" is not a reference manual; it is not intended to be complete or exhaustive. It's only intended to provide an overview; the detailed/exhaustive docs are always the manpages.

--
  -- Howard Chu