Re: Help needed with opeLDAP configuration

My apologies, did not look at the results. Again, extremely sorry.

Thanks for the help and support.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
Am Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:36:17 -0800
schrieb sim123 <Sim3159@gmail.com>:

> Dear All,
>
> I am new to LDAP and openLDAP, just installed and configured openLDAP
> 2.4.23 with Berkeley DB 4.8 on CentOS 5.4 using
> http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html
>
> make test gave an error on replication similar to this
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/201006/msg00256.html
>
> So I think installation is correct but when I try to do a search as
> described in the article, result is :
>
> # ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <> with scope baseObject
> # filter: (objectclass=*)
> # requesting: namingContexts
> #
>
> #
> dn:
> namingContexts: dc=example,dc=com
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 0 Success
>
> # numResponses: 2
> # numEntries: 1
>
> Can someone please help me identifying the problem. Thanks for the
> help and support.

This is the expected result, you have asked for namingContexts and
dc=example,dc=com IS your naming context.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
http://dkluenter.de