Re: Poor performance on Solaris

--On Friday, February 25, 2011 10:02 AM +1000 Brett Maxfield <brett.maxfield@gmail.com> wrote:

Keep in mind that gcc on slowaris is 32 bit, and not very well optimised
by default. Linux on a 64 bit linux platform usually compiles as 64 bit,
slowaris by default will be 32 bit if you use the onboard gcc compiler.

Using the compiler from sun studio (since v11 now free) helps quite alot
but openldap/bdb configure wont use the correct compiler options by
default either.

OpenLDAP on Solaris is slow, regardless of whether or not you use Sun Studio to build it 64-bit or gcc to build it 64 bit. I only ever used 64-bit binaries on my 64-bit systems, same with the benchmarks I did. Symas may even still have them posted somewhere.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.