[Date Prev][Date Next]
Mapping user names from multiple attributes
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Mapping user names from multiple attributes
- From: Jaap Winius <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:05:02 +0100
- Content-disposition: inline
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.3.8)
My site has user accounts defined in Kerberos and LDAP. User IDs,
group IDs, given names and surnames are stored in LDAP using the
person schema object E.g. for uid=jwinius, these are:
However, I recently noticed that if I send email from a random host,
the name included with the source email address is just "Jaap" when I
would like it to be "Jaap Winius". I suspect libnss_ldap is responsible.
Is there an easy way to change how these names are mapped, so that
user names would be composed of cn + space + sn?