Re: ldapi:

Andrew Findlay wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 08:37:01AM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

I don't get where you're getting this idea from.  I've never been
required to use ldapi for setting up cn=config.  The requirement of
using ldapi for cn=config management is something Debian/Ubuntu is
doing.  Which is why, again, I say this specifically is not
something to be documented by the OpenLDAP project as a cn=config
requirement.

OK - forget the link to cn=config - that is just what got me interested
in ldapi: to start with.

The ldapi: transport seems to be almost undocumented. There is a brief
(but useful) mention in ldap.conf(5) but very little elsewhere.

I have found enough hints in the archives to get started, so I will file
some suggestions.

Everything worth noting about ldapi: was already published as an IETF Informational Draft, and I've already posted the link to that document several times. Beyond that it's no different from any other LDAP URL.

--
  -- Howard Chu