Re: ldap auth does not works after openldap upgrade

--On Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:34 PM +0000 Andrew Findlay <andrew.findlay@skills-1st.co.uk> wrote:

(2)	Using ldapi: - particularly with SASL EXTERNAL, which is
	almost essential if you want to do a file-free bootstrap.

I don't get where you're getting this idea from. I've never been required to use ldapi for setting up cn=config. The requirement of using ldapi for cn=config management is something Debian/Ubuntu is doing. Which is why, again, I say this specifically is not something to be documented by the OpenLDAP project as a cn=config requirement.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.