RE: Ldap with GroupOfUniqueNames + PosixGroups

-----Mensaje original-----
De: openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org] En nombre de
harry.jede@arcor.de
Enviado el: jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011 18:02
Para: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Asunto: Re: Ldap with GroupOfUniqueNames + PosixGroups

Alejandro Gándara Álvarez wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> I´m using slapd  2.4.11-1+lenny1,  until now I was being using
> posixgroup as objectclass for my groups, now we need to integrate ldap
> with a new application which requires GroupofUniquesnames as
> objectclass.
>

> My question is, can I have mix groups?. I mean, a group with two
> objectclass as posixgroup and GroupofUniquenames.
>

> I´ve tried but I always get errors because of conflict  with both
> objectclass. And I cant delete posixgroup objectclass because I need
> it to integrate with samba and other services.
>

> Could someone head me to the right way?
Search the web for rfc2307bis.schema.
rfc2307bis is an unoffical schema, but it works as a replacement for the old
nis.schema.

Test an update on a separate LDAP-Server. I think best is, to dump the hole
database, replace the objectclass and reload the database to a new
Test-Server. If it's working fine, do the same on your real LDAP-Server.

You can not simple replace the schemas, because of the StructuralObjectclass
of your current records.

Good luck.

PS
I am using rfc2307bis for some years and don't have any problems.

--

Harry Jede
Kronprinzenstraße 151

Tel	+49 231 522376
Email	harry.jede@arcor.de

Hi,

Thanks for your answer I´ve tried what you said, I did the following steps:

1- Install new openldap server in other server (Version:2.4.17-2.1).
2- I copied rfc2307bis.schema as the new nis.schema.
3- I made dpkg-reconfigure slapd, to reconfigure everything with the new
domain and creating a new BBDD.
4- When It try to add the first entry I got the following messages
Duplicate attributeType: "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0"
5-I went to /etc/ldap/schema and I ran grep -r  "1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0" .  and I
only got one answer so Its right. This attribute is placed in
nis.schema(rfc2307bis.schema).

Could you tell me where is my fault.

Thanks for all.

Alejandro Gándara